Whirlpool Corporation U.S. Business to Business Privacy Notice
Effective Date: August 15, 2022
This Privacy Notice describes how Whirlpool Corporation (“Whirlpool,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) and its Canadian and U.S. subsidiaries (including Yummly Inc.) (collectively, “Whirlpool”) will collect, use, and share information that we obtain from our Canadian and U.S. business-to-business associates, including trade customers, members of our service network, distributors, and others. By doing business with Whirlpool, providing data to Whirlpool, and using our Platforms (defined below), you acknowledge that your information will be handled as described in this Privacy Notice.
Please note that Whirlpool maintains a separate Privacy Notice applicable to our global suppliers, vendors, and service providers, available on suppliers.whirlpool.com.
By doing business with and providing data to Whirlpool and/or using the Platforms, you acknowledge that your information will be handled as described in this Privacy Notice including any revisions that have been made. You acknowledge that you will only provide information to Whirlpool acting in your capacity as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or other legal entity, and that your communications and transactions with Whirlpool occur solely within the context of the business relationship between Whirlpool and the entity that you represent.
If you are a California resident, please see the provisions at the end of this Privacy Notice for additional information regarding our collection and use of your information.
Information We Collect
We collect information you provide to us directly. In addition, in the course of your dealings with Whirlpool, we may make available software applications, websites, apps, databases, APIs, or other integrations (“Platforms”) that enable you to provide us with information — we collect information you provide through the Platforms as well as information about your activities when you use the Platforms.
- Information You Provide Directly To Us. We, our business partners, and our service providers collect certain information directly from you when you onboard with Whirlpool, contact us, sign up to receive communications from us, submit a service request, provide us with feedback or survey responses, or otherwise use any of the Platforms. Information we collect may include:
- Contact information, such as your name and surname, full name of the entity, address of the offices, email address, phone number, etc.
- Whirlpool account information, including your user name, account number, and password
- Your activity and any information provided on the Platforms or otherwise provided to Whirlpool in connection with your services
- Feedback about our products and services
- Information relating to our business relationship
- Other information that you choose to share with us
- Usage Information. We, our business partners, and our service providers may use technologies that collect information about how you interact with our Platforms (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include: (i) your device ID and IP address; (ii) the type of browser and operating system you use; (iii) the physical location of your device (as determined, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, and WiFi signals); (iv) other information about your online session, such as the URL you came from to get to the Platform and the date and time you visited; and (v) your browsing activity on the Platforms, including which pages or resources you access.
- A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Platform.
- A persistent cookie remains on your device for an extended period of time. We set a persistent cookie to store account settings to identify you when you visit and enable functions on the Platform.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. If you limit or reject cookies, your ability to use the Platforms may be limited.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g. by disabling cookies).
Your data and information will be processed through systems operated by Whirlpool and will be accessible by Whirlpool employees within relevant functions, including Information Systems functions responsible for operating the Platforms. Your data may be accessible from external information technology service providers who are instructed to carry out specific activities relating to the operation and maintenance of Whirlpool systems and may therefore have access to your data incidental to carrying out their service activity. Where we collect data and information about you through a variety of channels and at a variety of times, we may consolidate or aggregate that data and information in one location for purposes of improved analysis and understanding of you, your activities, and your interactions in relation to Whirlpool or users of Whirlpool products.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to provide services to Whirlpool or users of Whirlpool products
- For our general business operations
- In furtherance of our business relationship
- In furtherance of our consumer relationships
- In connection with the Platforms, including to provide, support, and improve the Platforms and better understand how the Platforms are used
- To understand how you utilize the Platforms and to provide you with suggestions on how to better utilize the Platforms and related resources
- To understand your performance as a business associate of Whirlpool and to provide you with suggestions on how to improve your performance
- To provide, support, and improve our products and services, and for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes
- To comply with legal obligations, for security purposes, to protect your safety and the safety of others, and if necessary, to prohibit or restrict access to our Platform
- To communicate with you about your account and for other service purposes
- To prevent inappropriate use of our Platforms, products, or other services;
- To comply with laws, regulations, court orders and subpoenas or similar requests for information by authorities;
- To assist us in fraud prevention or investigation; and
- In other ways we notify you about at the time we collect your information.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in ways we notify you about at the time we collect the information, as well as:
- With Our Affiliates. We may share your information with Whirlpool Corporation’s family of affiliated companies and brands.
- With Our Service Providers and Vendors. We may share your information with our service providers and vendors to allow them to provide services (such as data analysis, surveys, data hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and auditing.)
- With Consumers. We may share information with consumers about your service interactions with those consumers in order to address service-related issues those consumers may have.
We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. We may share information in connection with a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Aggregate and De-identified Information. When you use the Platform, we may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for analytics, research or similar purposes.
We are committed to maintaining the security of the data you provide to us. We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information that we store. We also seek to use third-party service providers capable of protecting the information they maintain or process for us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any security concerns (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
With reference to the business relationship between Whirlpool and you, your personal data and information provided will be retained by Whirlpool as long as necessary to perform and manage the Platform, the agreement and to fulfill any applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
You may inform us that you do not want Whirlpool to use your information to provide you with offers or send you marketing communications, by sending your request using the information in the Contact Us section of this Notice (below). However, please note that you cannot opt-out from all communications, as Whirlpool and its brands may need to send you information related to our business relationship.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
In this section, we provide additional information to California residents about how we handle their personal information, as required under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
California residents have the right to make the following requests. We will not discriminate against you because you exercise any of these rights.
- Access – You can request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling your personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you over the past 12 months. You also have the right to request a portable copy of your Personal Information.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Correction – You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information collected from you, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law. We may ask you to provide additional documentation to help us identify or confirm the accuracy of your information.
Whirlpool does not “sell” Supplier personal information as defined under CCPA. California residents can make an access or deletion request by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice (below), or by calling toll-free (1-800-662-3587) using the information in the Contact Us section on our websites.
Where appropriate or required by law, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps may vary depending on the type of request you have made, the sensitivity of the personal information, and whether you have an account with us. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please ensure the authorized agent identifies him/herself as an authorized agent.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We also want California residents to know the following regarding our data collection, use, and disclosure of personal information in the past twelve months:
- We collect and use the following categories of personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in this Privacy Notice: Identifiers; contact information; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity information; employment-related information; and inferences.
- We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above.
- We collect these categories of personal information from the sources described in the “Information We Collect” section above, including from you and your devices.
- We disclose each of these categories of personal information for our business and commercial purposes as described in this Privacy Notice to the categories of parties described in the “How We Share Your Information” section above.
The data controller of your data will be Whirlpool Corporation, with registered offices at 2000 North, M63, Benton Harbor, MI, USA. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or please write to us at the following address:
Chief Privacy Officer
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
We try to respond to general privacy inquiries within 30 days or as otherwise required by law. Requests to opt-out from our marketing will be processed within 10 business days.
Changes to this Notice
We may occasionally update this Privacy Notice. Please review the “Effective Date” at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Notice was last revised. If we make any material changes we will notify you as required by law, which may include by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
By doing business with and providing data to Whirlpool and/or using the Platforms, you acknowledge that your information will be handled as described in this Privacy Notice including any revisions that have been made.