Whirlpool brand’s mobile app just got even better for 2021, with a completely new app on both Android and iOS devices. The team at Whirlpool Corporation’s flagship brand is calling this refresh “Whirlpool App 2.0.”
“As the name denotes, it’s an entire revamp of the Whirlpool app,” said Digital Brand Manager Blake Bancroft. “It’s a completely new experience built from the ground up.”
As the name denotes, it’s an entire revamp of the Whirlpool app. It’s a completely new experience built from the ground up.
The app still allows users to control their smart appliances, but there is additional appeal for those users who don’t yet have a smart appliance in their home, such as article content from the brand’s Appliance IQ blog.
“We saw this as a great opportunity to start incorporating some of that additional content,” explained Bancroft. “It includes useful home and appliance tips to help make our consumers’ days run smoothly.”
The update includes many experience updates such as making Scan-to-Cook technology readily accessible to get the right settings for frozen meals every time and direct links to recipes from Yummly brand. Consumers can also still get appliance info and customer support on their smart appliances from the app.
“An upcoming release will focus on ‘Smart Reordering’ for our smart capable top load laundry washer and dryers,” said Bancroft. “Consumers who enroll in smart reordering get discounted laundry supplies, such as detergent or dryer sheets, automatically delivered when it looks like they are running low.”
Here is a sampling of content and functionality available via the app:
- Remotely start cooking cycles, save your favorites and get notifications such as when your oven has preheated or your cooking time has ended.*
- Yummly brand Guided Cooking makes meal prep easier by helping users answer the question: “what’s for dinner?” before it’s even asked. Recipes with the
- Connected Fork icon in the Yummly® app include step-by-step video tutorials that provide the extra assistance needed on busy days. Prompts in the app even send cooking instructions straight to Whirlpool brand smart cooking appliances.**
- Get the right settings for frozen meals every time with Scan-to-Cook technology.***
Washers and dryers (Connected subscription may be required)
- Manage daily routines right from a mobile device. Set, start, pause and monitor progress on laundry appliances, even while a user is away.*
- Schedule a wash cycle to be completed by the time the consumer gets home to keep laundry moving, no matter where someone is (select models).
- Manage laundry day from anywhere by assigning family members tasks like transferring a load to the dryer or folding clean clothes. Consumers will get the notification on their smart devices (select models).
- Send dry cycles to the dryer that matches the wash cycle used so people will know clothes will be dried the way they want (select models).
- Create and save favorite cycles under any name and edit at any time.
- Personalized Quick Tips make sure a family’s laundry gets the care it deserves, while helping laundry day go smoothly (select models).
- Receive helpful alerts which let people know if there’s an issue that may affect performance, then follow step-by-step instructions and select how-to videos to help guide users through quick fixes.
Find more details about the Whirlpool brand app here.
*Features may vary by product and are subject to change. Compatible connected appliance required. Connected subscription may be required. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect.
**Select recipes only.
*** Not all frozen foods included.