Whirlpool South Africa Supply Chain is proud to announce that it has been awarded an Enviro Award, as well as a silver reward for outstanding achievement in logistics at the LAA Enviro award ceremony for 2014, which was held during a black tie event on September 18, 2014.
The LAA is the highest level of recognition in the South African Supply Chain industry, and has been running for 26 years. This award is aimed at rewarding organizations that are taking cognizance of the trend and are making genuine efforts to minimize the environmental impact of their supply chain processes. It is the first time an MDA company has won an award.
The Judging Panel includes nominated representatives of the various professional institutes, vocational societies and trade or industry associations involved in logistics and supply chain management in Southern Africa. Currently, these bodies consist of:
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (South Africa) (CILTSA)
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- SA Roundtable of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- Consumer Goods Council SA (CGCSA)
- Road Freight Association (RFA)
- SA Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF)
- SA Express Parcel Association (SAEPA)
- SA Institute of Industrial Engineers (SAIIE)
- Association for Operations Management of Southern Africa (SAPICS)
- Supply Chain Council (SCC)
- Theory of Constraints International Certification Organization (TOCICO)
Congratulations and well done to all those involved!