New innovations elevate Whirlpool’s extensive line of smart kitchen appliances, offering a seamless way to simplify the cooking experience
From identifying recipes, to buying groceries, to preparing dinner to cleaning up, the cooking process is ripe with opportunities and challenges. At CES® 2019, Whirlpool brand will showcase an enhanced line of 28 smart kitchen appliances that integrate leading-edge technology to seamlessly connect the cooking process. By connecting with the latest in Yummly’s advanced digital kitchen platform, including Ingredient Recognition capabilities, to integrating new voice control capabilities with the Google Assistant and Alexa-enabled devices, Whirlpool brand delivers top-of-the-line digital integrations that help families provide simplified and personalized care in the kitchen.
“Each year, Whirlpool brand reaffirms its place at the forefront of the digital kitchen revolution by providing purposeful innovations that fulfill real, every day needs,” Jennifer Tayebi, communications brand manager, Whirlpool brand. “By staying ahead of smart home trends and working tirelessly to advance our current technologies, we have created a strong line of smart kitchen appliances that provide efficiency so that families can focus on the care that matters most.”
As part of its smart kitchen ecosystem, Whirlpool brand offers innovative kitchen appliances including Whirlpool® Smart Front Control Ranges, Whirlpool® Smart Kitchen Wall Ovens, Whirlpool® Smart Microwaves and Whirlpool® Smart Dishwashers. Each Whirlpool brand smart kitchen appliance strategically leverages emerging tech to re-imagine families’ time in the kitchen and provide users with intuitive cooking and cleaning solutions at every step of mealtime.
At CES 2019, Whirlpool brand will showcase the latest in its smart kitchen appliance innovations, including:*
- Integration with Yummly’s Enhanced Digital Kitchen Platform: Whirlpool®
smart ranges and wall ovens are integrated with Yummly’s expanded state-of-the-art platform to help families whisk away obstacles to weekly meal planning through innovative new connected cooking features. Yummly’s Ingredient Recognition technology – which detects select ingredients via machine learning and recommends recipes based on the detected ingredients, as well as a user’s preferences and tastes – went live in December 2018 and now houses an extensive database of food images.**
- Launching in 2019, Yummly® Meal Planning will dish up weekly personalized meal plans based on users’ dietary preferences, schedule, number of meals and number of servings, along with key inputs like ingredients on-hand, eating out for special occasions and the use of meal kits to limit the hassle of weekly meal prep.
- Simplified Voice Command Capabilities: To optimize on the growing trend of personal voice assistants in the kitchen, select Whirlpool smart appliances will soon be compatible with the latest in voice command technology, including:
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa: Coming in 2019, Whirlpool brand will showcase simplified command capabilities with the Google Assistant and Alexa-enabled devices, no longer requiring users to state the specific brand or appliances names when requesting an action, such as “Hey, Google, preheat the oven to 325,” or “Alexa, set the oven time to five minutes.”
- Yummly® Voice: Coming in 2019, the Yummly® app will include integration of new voice capabilities, so that users no longer have to worry about getting their hands in the mix. Families will be able to interact with select recipes and move from step to step without having to touch a phone or tablet.
In addition, Whirlpool brand’s smart kitchen appliances continue to provide remote control capabilities via the Whirlpool® app to help families keep chores moving. With any smartphone or tablet, families can easily control their Whirlpool® smart appliance from anywhere in the house, access personalized cooking and cleaning care features, send customized cooking instructions straight to their appliance or remotely adjust cook power and temperature to multitask during meal prep. Whirlpool® smart dishwashers also allow families to create and send customized cleaning cycles straight to their dishwasher to make clean up a breeze no matter how messy the meal.
From January 8-11, CES® attendees can get up close to all Whirlpool Corporate innovations at booth #41925 in the Smart Home section, located at the Sands Expo Center.
For more information on the brand’s care-centric product innovations and to join the conversation, follow #ConnectToMore #CES2019.
* WiFi, App, and compatible connected appliance required for connected features. Features subject to change. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect and yummly.com. Appliance must be set to Remote Enable for remote control capabilities.
**Detection accuracy may vary based on conditions.
Google is a trademark of Google LLC. Amazon, Alexa, Echo and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. CES® is a registered trademark of Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™.
About Whirlpool Brand
For more than one hundred years, Whirlpool brand has been inspired by how people care for their families. Whirlpool brand is designing home appliances that are focused on improving how families give and get the care they need with the latest technologies and innovations – whether that means flexible refrigerator storage for all types of family needs, induction technology for efficient cooking and easier cleaning, or laundry pairs that sense and adapt to clothes. Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading manufacturer of major home appliances. Whirlpool Corporation is also one of Habitat for Humanity’s largest corporate partners for over 15 dedicated years, donating a refrigerator and range to every new Habitat for Humanity home built in North America. For more information on Whirlpool, please visit whirlpool.com/everydaycare or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter at @WhirlpoolUSA. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
Yummly, founded by David Feller and Vadim Geshel in 2009, is a leading digital platform (mobile and web) for personalized recipes and cooking resources. Since Yummly’s inception, it has been active in the digital kitchen and connecting users to the recipes they love. From recipe recommendations to handy tools and helpful videos, Yummly has everything needed to improve life in the kitchen every step of the way. The company, headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, uses patented technology and proprietary data to understand food and taste, making it the best source for recipes tailored to specific taste preferences. For more information, visit www.yummly.com.