We recently replaced all of our outside lighting at our Ottawa plant, converting from 400 Watt Metal Halide lights to energy- and maintenance-saving 120 Watt LED lights. In addition to significant energy savings, the LED replacements are environmentally-friendly compared to the Halides which contain mercury. The planned project cost was $25,000 but with the rebate incentive from Paulding-Putnam Electric, offering $1 per Watt saved, the plant received a check for $15,000 this week.
Did you hear the news?
- In the hot seat: Ludo Beaufils
- Whirlpool Corp. Fall River plant creates ‘Culture Committee’ to recognize employees, make improvements and serve the community
- A successful season for Whirlpool Corp. sponsored FIRST Robotics teams
- UK Students challenged to ‘improve life at home’ with ideas to make appliances more sustainable for people and for the planet
- Senator West teams up with Whirlpool Corp. to provide refrigerators to Dallas community organizations addressing food inequality
- Benton Harbor family moves into ‘BuildBetter with Whirlpool’ home
- Whirlpool Corp.’s Pam Klyn and Nate Mouw elected as AHAM officers
- Working together to eliminate waste
- Habitat for Humanity and Whirlpool Corp. study illustrates how energy-efficient appliances can help low-income families lower their utility bills
- Whirlpool Corp. offers new benefits for the modern family