in net sales, a decrease of 0.3% excluding currency
ongoing business earnings per diluted share
free cash flow generation or 4.1% of net sales
waste goes to recycling
waste goes to landfill
waste goes to incineration
waste to landfill in 8 manufacturing plants
104,000+ families directly impacted globally, 9,000 Whirlpool employees volunteered, and we’ve committed $110 million to date. Approximately 198,000 ranges and refrigerators donated in U.S. and Canada, 76,000 products donated to families in EMEA region, and 45 countries served.
3,981 people directly and indirectly benefited, 560 community businesses advised, generating a gross income of $2.3 million, a 68% increase in revenue and 43% increase in income in 24 months. Present in 15 states and 37 cities in Brazil.
Whirlpool Corporation gave more than $4,651,167 million to United Way, impacting 214,587 people, based on % of campaign totals at each of our U.S. locations in 2019.
Maytag brand donated over $8.4 million, engaged 6,000 Whirlpool Corp volunteers, and impacted more than 107,000 young people.
Installed across 18 cities in 82 schools with access to clean clothes for more than 38,000 students.
- World’s Most Admired Companies – FORTUNE Magazine
- 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies® -The Ethisphere Institute
Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)
Web Marketing Festival and Slovakia CSR Practice of the Year: Italy and Slovakia
Moments Not to Be Wasted
- In 2018, Whirlpool EMEA won the Web Marketing Festival award in the category “Digital Food” for its Moments Not to Be Wasted project, the edutainment program within primary schools in Europe, aiming to raise awareness of the social and environmental value of food and the importance of not wasting it. The program also earned Slovakia’s CSR Practice of the Year, the nation’s most important CSR-related award.
Biblioteca Bilancio Sociale: Italy
- Whirlpool EMEA was included among Biblioteca Bilancio Sociale’s top companies in Italy for Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability.
Great Place to Work® Best Workplace: Italy, Spain and Portugal
- In three EMEA countries, Whirlpool was certified as a Best Workplace.
Top Employer: Europe
- Whirlpool EMEA was awarded Top Employers Europe 2018 certification by the Top Employers Institute for its excellence in employee conditions.
Latin America Region – Argentina
- Whirlpool received a special mention by CEADS (Consejo Empresario para el Desarrollo Sostenible) for the project “Reciclando Hogares Urbanos” (Recycling Urban Homes) with Habitat for Humanity.
Latin America Region – Brazil
Great Place to Work – GPTW Women
- In 2018, Whirlpool was recognized as one of the best companies for women to work. The award also highlighted the company in the Inclusion category.
- Whirlpool was named one of the Most Sustainable Companies in the Electronics category and Best Company in the Sustainability Governance category. Exame award is one of the most recognized and respected awards for sustainability in Brazil.
Expressão de Ecologia Award
- Whirlpool was honored in the Environmental Management category, recognizing initiatives related
Latin America Region – Mexico
- Nuevo León, México, Whirlpool plants were recognized by PROFEPA (The Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection) for “Environmental Commitment,” as well as for being the “First Clean Industry Park” in Mexico.
North America Region
- EPA SmartWay® Excellence Award, Shipper Category
- Digital Edge 50 Award – IDG’s CIO
- Three 2018 CES Innovation Awards
- Smart Home Category
• Whirlpool Smart Appliances in Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel
• Whirlpool Smart Over the Range Microwave with Scan-to-Cook Technology
- Software and Mobile Apps Category
• Yummly 2.0 ingredient recognition and connected recipes
- Smart Home Category
The ReNEWW House (Retrofit Net-Zero Energy Water Waste) is a 1920s three-bedroom home on the campus of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, in the United States. The home was extensively retrofitted and refurbished to be as energy and water efficient as possible. Whirlpool Corporation operates it as a live-in research lab and sustainable living showcase. During the school year, Whirlpool Corporation engineers obtaining their Master’s degrees at Purdue University reside in the house and perform research on innovative projects related to sustainability.