Whirlpool Corporation is celebrating the conclusion of its first-ever Global Habitat Build Project — a project which engaged more than 200 Whirlpool Corporation employee volunteers in 14 Habitat for Humanity home build projects in eight countries. The project was coordinated to recognize the many contributions of the company’s former CEO, Jeff Fettig, who stepped down as CEO on September 30 of this year, and to celebrate the 17-year partnership between Habitat for Humanity International and Whirlpool Corporation.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here:
“What better way to recognize the standard of giving back set by our Chairman and former CEO, Jeff Fettig, than to collectively build homes around the world in his honor,” said Jeff Noel, the corporate vice president of communications & public affairs for Whirlpool Corporation. “At the same time, we’re celebrating our long-standing relationship with Habitat for Humanity. Jonathan Reckford, CEO of Habitat for Humanity International, gave his time to hammer nails alongside our employees, honoring our collaborative work building homes and positively impacting society for nearly two decades.”
Throughout the fall of 2017, Whirlpool Corporation’s Global Habitat Build Project included home builds in the following cities: New Delhi; Pondicherry, India; Hong Kong; Shanghai; Guangzhou, China; Warsaw, Poland; Sao Paulo; Bogotá, Colombia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Monterrey, Mexico; Bloomington, Ind., U.S.; Marion, Ohio, U.S.; and Benton Harbor, Mich., U.S.
Since 1999, Whirlpool Corporation’s partnership with Habitat for Humanity International has supported the organization’s work through product donations, financial contributions, and volunteerism on the part of Whirlpool Corporation employees.
In more than 17 years of partnership with Habitat for Humanity, Whirlpool Corporation has:
- Developed active programs in more than 45 countries
- Committed more than $101 million in funding
- Helped improve the lives of more than 100,000 families around the world through new construction or home repair projects
- Engaged more than 8,000 Whirlpool Corporation employees in volunteer efforts
- Donated more than 184,000 ranges and refrigerators to new Habitat homes in the United States and Canada
- Sponsored more than 175 homes around the world
- Donated appliance products to nearly 76,000 Habitat families in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- Donated more than 46,000 appliances to Habitat Humanity ReStore retail outlets