Product at the Core
A Whirlpool Clothes Washer
Our approach integrates environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles to drive impact at the product level.
- The average clothes washers built today use 78% less energy and 47% less water than those built in 1992, while their capacity has increased by 57%1.
- 100% of Whirlpool manufactured washers are produced in Gold and Platinum level Zero Waste to Landfill manufacturing sites.
- Washers certified to the Energy Star® program in the U.S. use about 25% less energy and 33% less water than regular washers2.
- 100% of our Consul brand washers are classified Global A by INMETRO3 and have a water reuse feature.
- With innovations such as Smart Features, Industry-first 2 in 1 Removable Agitator and Load & Go® dispenser, Whirlpool brings an innovative approach to laundry routines allowing caregivers to save time and effort to focus elsewhere.
- In our Faridabad plant, Whirlpool of India Limited has created its first manufacturing line with a 100% female workforce with a complete washer assembly line operated by 120 female operators, demonstrating a commitment to gender diversity in manufacturing.
- Our Care Counts program helps provide access to clean clothes for at-risk students in need by installing washers and dryers in select schools, helping increase attendance rates, grades and engagement levels for participating students.
- Holistic innovation using Design for Environment principles in our global platforms connecting product sustainability directly with business goals.
- Responsible sourcing with supplier audits and aggressive standards on restricted materials.
- Product safety & quality processes and industry-leading best practices which are benchmarked by other companies to improve their own programs.
1 Per Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) Clothes Washers Energy Efficiency and Consumption Report
2 Based on energystar.gov. See energystar.gov for further information on ENERGY STAR® efficiency. ENERGY STAR is a registered trademark owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
3 Per Instituto Nacional de Metrologia, Qualidadee TeconologÍa (INMETRO) Energy Efficiency Label
Dramatization—washing machine does not have a front facing window.