Global Communications2018 Q3 RESULTS: 1: Reputation / 2: Share of Voice / 3: Employee Engagement
1. Whirlpool Corporation: 2018 U.S. Reputation Index
The Reputation Index measures a company’s ability to deliver on stakeholder expectations. A company that delivers on expectations will earn support from stakeholders.
Excellent is 80+% / Strong is 70-79% / Average is 60-69% Our paid, earned and owned media channels deliver our company stories, and with direct experience, create perceptions, stakeholder intent, and performance. Reputation drives stakeholder perceptions.
Q1 2018 Dimension Score
Q2 2018 Dimension Score
Q3 2018 Dimension Score
Q3 TOP 3 AREAS of REPUTATION STRENGTH
Products & Services 80.3 (+.1 Q2)
Performance 76.0 (-.2 Q2)
Leadership 74.3 (same)
TOP 3 AREAS of REPUTATION FOCUS
Q2 2018 Whirlpool Corp
Q3 2018 Whirlpool Corp
Q3 2018 Competitors
Q2 2018 Competitive Comparison:
2. SHARE OF VOICE / MEDIA
Whirlpool Corporation tracking at >744M impressions, accounting for 73% of 2018 goal of 4 Billion
- Whirlpool Corporation’s new Chief Design Officer announcement
- CSR efforts, particularly the Habitat Work Build
- Institute of Home Science: How often should you clean your fridge?
- Q2 Earnings Announcement
- Tariff effects
Whirlpool Corporation tier-A Share of Voice Q3
- Whirlpool Corporation 72% 72%
- GE 10% 10%
- Samsung 5% 5%
- LG 11% 11%
- Haier 2% 2%
Neutral Tier-A Tone
Positive Tier-A Tone
Negative Tier-A Tone
PR TRENDS TO WATCH
Identify the right influencers: Each new form of media from Snapchat to YouTube, and Instagram to Twitter, has given rise to a new breed of influencers.
Leadership becomes social: Activating leadership on social channels provides a platform to share unfiltered POV and messages, while also tailoring communications to the audiences being reached.
Reputation measurement drives programming, thus driving reputation.
Big data predicting the future. Connecting the dots between PR efforts and the plethora of data available from companies or the web is giving PR and communications professionals the keys to unlock how this data interacts and predict how future events can impact companies and consumers.
Artificial intelligence becomes normalized.
Let consumers tell your story. User-generated content, which can be sourced directly from consumers or social networks, gives an unfiltered look at how consumers feel about and use products.
3. EMPLOYEE ADVOCACY & ENGAGEMENT CONTENT
Growth in Active Users
Top Posts by Activity
- Got a Question for Marc
- Get Informed About Our Company’s 2018 Q3 Performance
- 2018 Employee Engagement Survey Now Open
- President’s Enforcement
- Sale opens at 9AM TODAY!
- A Letter from Marc Bitzer
- Got a Question for Marc?
- Becky Hoblit Saves Co-Worker
- Joe Recaps Challenging Q2
Top Shared Articles
- Whirlpool Corporation becomes first appliance maker to activate Apple Watch functionality
- President’s Enforcement Decision on Washers is a Win for U.S. Manufacturing Jobs
- KitchenAid introduces new color to celebrate stand mixer’s centennial
- Top 10 most relevant brands to millennials – and a 99-year-old company that beat Apple and Google
- Whirlpool Corporation Announces New Collaboration with The Walt Disney Company
- Whirlpool Corporation named one of the World’s Most Admired Companies for Eighth Consecutive Year
- With Touching Details, Whirlpool Celebrates the 18 Years of Parenting Behind Each Graduate
Social Engagement Increase 2018 Q1 to Q3: 40.6K
Growth: 2.9M User Reach