Homeowners and apartment dwellers: rejoice. The time to reimagine the laundry space is here. Whirlpool brand is showing off its solutions at CES with its award-winning Closet Depth Front Load Washer and HybridCare™ Heat Pump Dryer.1 For families without a dedicated laundry area in their home and those strapped for space, the pair offers flexible installation options. Equipped with the latest technological innovations and energy efficient capability, the washer and dryer pair is designed to fit seamlessly into more compact spaces and handle family-sized loads.
“Every family and laundry room is unique. While some families have a designated laundry room others need every bit of storage, utility and flexibility they can get,” said Chelsey Lindstrom, brand manager, Whirlpool brand. “With this is mind, we designed this washer and dryer pair to fit into busy lives and small spaces by allowing for laundry detergent storage they can fill and forget for up to 12 loads2 worth of laundry, and for flexible installation options with a closet-depth design and ventless technology.”
Together, this laundry pair can fit in more places. Traditionally limited to locations with vent access, the HybridCare™ Heat Pump dryer processes, dries and recycles the air in the drum so there is no need for a traditional output air vent.
A leap in flexible design in the home, fabric care and efficiency, together the Whirlpool brand’s latest laundry pair helps families save on energy and utility bills. Using up to 73 percent less energy with the Eco Dry setting, the dryer recycles energy, and helps conserve precious resources.3
Whirlpool innovations are focused on thoughtful features that reflect the same type of consideration families put into caring for each other:
- The Closet Depth Front Load washer is equipped with a Load & Go™ detergent system – which stores up to 12 loads worth of laundry detergent, so consumers don’t have to worry about refilling for each load. And, every load gets just the right amount of detergent – no more guesswork.
- The All-In-One Care™ system was created for those busy families who in the midst of the bedtime routine craze might forget that a gym uniform has to be done before school the next day. Enabled by the wash and dry cycle, families can wash and dry tomorrow’s outfit without having to transfer wet clothes into the dryer4; that means every member of the family can catch up on sleep. With the FanFresh® cycle with Dynamic Venting Technology®, clothes stay fresh and wrinkle free in the washer after the cycle ends, for up to 12 hours.
- Families can get a perfect clean and optimal clothing care with the TLC System:
- The ColorLast™ cycle on the washer uses a precise combination of wash action, gentle temperatures and wash time so bright colors stay brighter, longer5.
- Advanced Moisture Sensing with active built-in sensors helps prevent over-drying and fabric damage, so favorite pairs of jeans will get the perfect dry.
The Closet Depth Front Load Washer and HybridCare™ Dryer won a 2016 CES Innovations Honoree Award in the Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies category, and the HybridCare™ Dryer was a Best of Innovation award winner at CES 2015. From January 6-9, CES attendees can experience this laundry pair and other innovations at Whirlpool brand’s booth #74352 in the Family & Technology Marketplace, located at the Sands Expo Center.
For more information, to join the conversation and see the company’s care-centric product innovations and conceptual inspirations come to life, visit ces.whirlpool.com and follow #EveryDayCare.
About Whirlpool Brand
For more than one hundred years, Whirlpool brand has been inspired by how people care for their families. Whirlpool brand is designing home appliances that are focused on improving how families give and get the care they need with the latest technologies and innovations that make their experience effortless, intuitive, and easy – whether that means most flexible refrigerator storage for all types of family needs, induction technology for efficient cooking and easier cleaning, or laundry pairs that sense and adapt to clothes with the latest in connected technologies. Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances. Whirlpool Corporation is also one of Habitat for Humanity’s largest corporate partners for over 15 dedicated years, donating a refrigerator and range to every new Habitat for Humanity home built in North America. For more information on Whirlpool, please visit whirlpool.com/everydaycare or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter at @WhirlpoolUSA.
January 8, 2016